Office Phone: (435) 797-3002
Thomas Terry owned and edited a small group of newspapers in Illinois. Ph.D. from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. Past president of the Illinois Press Association. Pilot, plays bagpipes.
Media history, free expression and censorship, editorial writing, mass communication effects (emphasis on agenda setting), photojournalism, magazine writing, media law, reporting, editing, news writing,and mass communication and society (introductory and advanced).
Race and the media, First Amendment rights of free expression and access, agenda setting, and media history.
- PhD - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - 2007
- MA - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - 2003
- BA - University of Iowa
- Other - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - 2008
- Top Paper Award - November 2010
- Second place student paper - August 2005
- First place student paper - March 2005
- Scholarly - "In Thunder, Lightning, or Rain: Three North Carolina Editorial Voices Against the Ku Klux Klan, 1950-1953"
- Non-Scholarly - Photolio: Photographs 1970-1983 - 1983
- Non-Scholarly - The Champions: A Pictorial History of Geneseo's 1976 & 1977 3A State Football Champions - 1977
- Journal Article, Professional Journal - "Reading The Tea Leaves"
- Historical Database Review - Historical Online Database Review of the Massachusetts Historical Society
- Book, Chapter in Scholarly Book - "A Tremendous and Baleful Aspect: Conscription in the Civil War Through the Pages of Federal and Confederate Newspapers in 1863" - TBA - Co-authored by: Donald Shaw.
- Shards and Prisms: Neville Chamberlain and the Agenda Setting Effect of the Press on Appeasement in the Wake of Munich, 1938-1939 - 2012-12-31
- Rebel Yells and Idle Vaporings: The Lost Cause Rises and Dissipates in the Chicago Tribune, Atlanta Constitution, and New York Times, 1860-1914 - 2012-11-08
- Visual Communications and Cartography joint computer lab - 2010-12-31